Are you hunting for some innovative recipes for ketogenic dessert? When you follow this diet plan, you ‘re sure to get some weird sweet craving now and then. It’s just natural. Unfortunately, though, you ‘re going to find that the main store-purchased dessert options are not Keto-friendly. That means that if you want to stay true to the program, you ‘re going to need to make all your post-meal dishes from scratch. Why don’t you try to bake some perfect Keto pumpkin muffins? Here’s what you need to know in order to get started.
What Are Keto Pumpkin Muffins?
As you already know, the Keto diet puts your body into the Ketogenic state. To do so, you need to eat no more than 50g of carbohydrates per day. That’s not a whole lot! If you happen to be a cake lover, you may find that this is a difficult rule to follow.
Wheat flour is high in carbs, which means that you can’t use it. Thankfully, there is an answer. Using alternative flours such as coconut flour or almond flour means that you can make Keto-friendly desserts. For instance, you may want to bake a Keto carrot cake or maybe even give these Keto pumpkin muffins a try.
What Are the Benefits of Pumpkin Keto Muffins?
Before you start making your pumpkin keto muffins, you may wonder what the benefits are. These cakes are low in carbs and high in energy, making them ideal if you’re following the Keto diet plan. Plus, much like an easy Keto cheesecake, you should have no problem getting to grips with the instructions here. Put simply, it couldn’t be easier.
Keto Pumpkin Muffin Recipe
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 20-25 mins | Serves: 12
Calories per serve: 121 kcal | Equipment: Muffin baking tray, muffin cup liners, large bowl, whisk, and medium pan
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup sunflower seed meal
- 5 large eggs
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Put 12 muffin cup liners in the baking tray.
- Put the almond flour, sunflower seed meal, baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, and sea salt in a large bowl. Whisk together.
- Break the eggs into the bowl and whisk them into the mixture too.
- Melt the coconut oil in a medium pan for a minute or so.
- Pour the oil into the mixture and add the vanilla extract.
- Mix well until you have a smooth (and not lumpy!) consistency.
- Separate the mixture into 12 portions by pouring it into the muffin cup liners.
- Place the tray in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. Leave to cool before serving.
The Best Keto Pumpkin Muffin Video Recipe
Pro Tips For Making a Bountiful Batch
- Expect a thicker mixture
If you’re already a pro baker, you will notice something a little strange about pumpkin Keto muffins: The mixture is thicker. Don’t panic — this is completely normal! Almond flour is generally coarser and thicker than standard flour. However, it works just as well.
- Practice makes perfect
Don’t worry if your bake isn’t perfect the first time around. Whether you’re making homemade Keto ice cream or Keto pumpkin muffins, you’re learning a whole new skill. Keep trying until you get things right each time.
- Add exciting extras
When you’ve mastered the tutorial here, you can get a little more creative with your baking style. For example, you could include some dried pumpkin seeds to the batter.