The Reason Why Losing Weight After 40 Is A Challenge
Reaching to 40 decades of age is a landmark in your daily life. Many opine that reaching 40 means a new period of life begins unfolding before us. It’s the time when one is in the peak of a person’s career, private life, economic life, and social existence. But along with these positive things, there are many different items which require careful consideration after a reaches 40. And that is applicable to both women and men. One of the most difficult challenges that one faces after attaining 40 is shedding those extra pounds out of the machine, which creep in very quickly. It is not impossible to shed those pounds off, you only need to put in additional efforts for the exact same.
The reason why losing weight after 40 is a challenge
You must be wondering as to why losing weight after one reaches 40 is such a huge challenge. Well, the reason is plain and simple enough. After 40, metabolism in the body slows down significantly year after year. As a result, burning calories becomes more and more difficult. With aging, one tends to lose muscle mass to a great extent. It is a well-known fact that muscles are able to burn calories at a much faster rate when compared to that of fat. Along with this, various kinds of hormonal changes and body composition changes also take place after one crosses 40. There is a change in the composition of body tissues too.
Therefore, if you’re seeking to get rid of weight after 40, then you need to think of a few other ways which will be effective. The biggest focus ought to be on creating habits that will aid in creating and maintaining muscle mass at the finest possible manner. Small changes need to be made in the lifestyle and diet as well to achieve maximum gains.
Different kinds of weight loss programs to be followed post 40
If you do some research on the internet, you will see that there are different kinds of weight loss programs that have been designed for people over 40 years of age. While some programs are exclusive and separate for males and females, some programs can be followed by both. The attempt in almost all these programs is to boost metabolism in the body so that fat can burn fast thus leading to weight loss. Among many such programs on offer, Over 40 Keto Solution needs special mention. This program is effective for both men and women. Many people have followed the weight loss program and gained positive results from the same.
Best ways of losing weight when you are over 40
Mentioned below are some tested ways of losing weight when you have crossed the boundary of 40 years of your life.
- Do not skip your breakfast – Dieticians and health experts opine that you need to never miss your breakfast if you’re over 40 and trying to drop weight. Your morning meal ought to be healthy like whole-wheat toast along with fruits or oatmeal etc.. With this kind of breakfast, mid-morning hunger pangs can be combated successfully so you don’t have to snack on unhealthy items or overeat during lunch. Try eating small meals or any healthful snacks at regular intervals so that the appetite remains controlled all daily.
- Staying on schedule is important – Maintaining a proper eating schedule is very important. Your priority should be eating regularly and frequently instead of piling on a lot of food at one time and then remaining without food for a long stretch of time. When you skip meals, the whole metabolism goes for a toss. And the body starts storing the calories instead of burning them to produce energy. Make a chart of what you should eat when and of the various activities that you will do throughout the day. Go to bed at a specific time every day.
- Make sure you have lots of fruits and vegetables in the diet – In every meal that you take, try including fruits and vegetables as much as possible. The advantage of fruits and vegetables is that they abound in various kinds of nutrients and contain lesser amounts of calories and fats when compared to grains, dairy products, and meat. Also, these fruits and vegetables are rich in fiber and thus help in keeping one full for a longer period of time. Even with eating less, you feel satisfied and hunger pangs are curbed. Instead of high-sugar and high-fat snacks, munch on fresh fruits.
- Cooking healthy meals is highly recommended – The way a food is prepared makes a great deal of difference in its own calorie and fat meter. Using butter or a lot of oil in the cooking will obviously increase the fat content and calorie meter of the dish that is being prepared. Rather than frying foods, it is recommended to bake, grill or broil foods. This retains the nutrients in the foods and they are yummy at exactly the identical time. Avoid foods with creamy sauces since they add on to calories considerably.
- Eating less at night is always good – When you are looking to lose weight successfully over 40, this tip is of great help always. Doctors and health experts opine that one must eat less at night. It is best if the daily dose of calories is met at lunch or before 3 pm. This helps in losing weight quickly when compared to taking heavy meals later. If large amounts of calories are taken in at night, chances of burning them are less and they get accumulated in the body.
- Refrain from soda or sweetened beverages – There are many people who love drinking tea, sugar-sweetened and rich crème coffee, energy drinks or soft drinks quite frequently. If you are one of them and looking to lose weight effectively, it is important that you stop drinking all such things right now. All these drinks have loads of added sugar and are laden with calories, which add on to your weight quickly. Instead of these, try drinking plain (1) water or zero-calorie beverages. This will reduce the risk of gaining weight and also cut down on the chances of diabetes.
- Exercising is very important – When you are above 40 and targeting to lose weight, you cannot ignore the importance of exercising. It is true that people in the age group of 40 years or more don’t find time for exercising and working out amidst their busy schedule of professional life, family life, commuting, and other activities. However, it is needless to say that exercising is very important and vital not only for losing weight but also for maintaining overall health. Every week, you must invest a minimum of 2.5 hours exercising. If nothing, you can indulge in moderate activities like brisk walking and jogging. Mark your calendar with dates of your exercising regimen and follow the same religiously.
- Pay attention to what you eat – It’s quite common for people now to catch a snack while on the go. Lots of folks start eating while multitasking because one must deal with a lot of things at exactly the identical moment. In the majority of such cases, one tends to overeat and feels hungry after some moment. That happens because a person does not pay attention to just what one eats and is not focused on food. So it is vital that you sit at your meals correctly and concentrate on everything you consume and how much you eat. Try quitting watching TV or surfing on your smartphone or computer whilst eating. Your brain will provide you signals which will help in knowing when you are really complete.
- Try de-stressing in any way you feel – Stress and anxiety have become silent killers in today’s world. And you definitely know that stressed people tend to binge on various kinds of unhealthy foods and accumulate calories. It is also very difficult for the body to break down this fat. Try reducing your stress levels by reading the book, listening to music, yoga, meditation, deep breathing, and anything that makes you happy. The process of stress relief is different for different individuals. Choose the way that meets your requirements.
Together with all these ideas, you must ensure that you get appropriate sleep. Without appropriate sleep after 40, various types of health issues start cropping up. Also, it’s been seen that individuals who do not find sufficient sleep frequently tend to lose weight. With proper food consumption and a modest controlled lifestyle, you will have the ability to manage your weight loss goal successfully.
READ NEXT – Recipes Tasty Vegan Gluten Free Desserts