Chia Seeds Could Be Your Ladder In Weight Loss
Chia seeds have become the talk of the town. Everyone seems to rave about it. I am not sure whether it helps in weight loss or not since I have not used it. If you have benefited from it, please let all of us know using the comments section below.
I researched about Chia seeds and plan to include them in my diet.
Some of the Health Benefits of Chia Seeds are:
- Regulation of Blood Sugar – Chia seeds can regulate insulin levels. Boon for diabetes!
- Antioxidants – Chia seeds have a high shelf life, thanks to the antioxidants present in them. So, we now know two more great antioxidants – brown rice and Chia seeds apart from the famous Green Tea.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids – Just like Flax seeds, Chia seeds are rich in
Omega-3 Fatty Acids are due to which they help in reducing cholesterol.
- Fibre – Chia seeds are extremely good, rather excellent in fibre -10 grams in 2 tablespoons.
- Calcium, Phosphorus, Manganese – All good things packed!
- Gluten-Free -Chia seeds have no gluten or grains. So gluten intolerant people can easily consume them.
- Egg Replacer – Now here is the good news for vegetarians. Mix 1 tablespoon of chia seeds with 3 tablespoons of water. Keep the moisture as is for 15 minutes. The outer layer of chia seeds swells in water and forms a gel. You can use this gel in your foods the same way as you use egg white.
- Can Be Digested Whole – It’s said that flaxseeds need to be ground for better digestion. Chia seeds can be consumed directly.
For weight loss –
Ideally, any food which is rich in fiber and Omega 3 fatty acids is good for weight loss. I found a study by David Nieman, DrPH who is a professor at Appalachian State University in North Carolina. He reveals that in 12 weeks, there was no effect of Chia seeds on the weight of participants.
I would suggest including Chia seeds in your meals for improvement in your overall health but don’t expect miracles in your weight loss 🙂 !
Previous article best Pre-Workout Foods