Many of us go to the gym empty stomach. If you are exercising on an empty stomach, you might not have enough energy to work out. We need to have pre-workout meal 30-45 minutes before workout.
Carbs are digested faster than fat or protein. If you eat too much fat or protein or even a large-carb meal two hours before a workout, it will drive blood flow to the stomach, not the muscles. Carbs are rapidly used up during a workout, generally in the first 25-30 minutes. Then, the body burns fat as the fuel to keep going.
Therefore, having a pre-workout snack is extremely important. Let’s find out what you should eat before your workout.
Best Pre-Workout Foods
- A slice of whole-wheat toast. You can use peanut butter.
- A piece of whole fruit. I find Apple most suitable since I can take it to the office ?
- A few whole-wheat crackers
- 1/2 cup of brown rice with a touch of oil
- 1/2 cup of oatmeal with a few raisins. You can have it with low-fat milk.
- A small glass of 100-percent juice
If you are working out in the morning, then have –
- A protein shake
- 1 cup of raspberries
Do you know a few more Pre-Workout Foods? Share with us! I will come up with a list of good Post-workout foods as well!
Take Care ?
Image Source: Pixabay