If you’re looking to get into shape, trying the Keto diet could be the way to go. The eating plan has surged in popularity recently. At its core, it’s about cutting back on carbohydrates in favor of high-fat foods instead. That’s why it’s so important to know how to make keto-approved recipes that are quick and easy to make. Once you start making your own meals, you may find that there’s one thing you particularly miss — bread! Luckily for you, we’ve got the best Keto bread recipe that will satisfy your cravings.
- 1 3 Reasons Why You’ll Become
Obsessed With This Keto Bread
- 2 Tempting Chili and Onion Keto
- 3 Conclusion
3 Reasons Why You’ll Become Obsessed With This Keto Bread
Many people are surprised at how much they love this treat when they try it. Most Keto bread recipes are packed with protein and high-fat ingredients. That means that the end result is wholesome and temptingly good. Here’s why it’s hands down the best Keto recipe to try making yourself:
1. It’s super satisfying
One of the major reasons that you’re sure to enjoy the following recipe is that it’s satisfying. You won’t be hungry once you make the best Keto bread around! The reason is simple — the high-fat content of the loaf means that you only need a little to get full. That means that eating it may, in turn, help curb cravings for a late-night snack (even if it is as nutritious as a Keto protein bar)!
2. You can experiment with
Ready to try something new in the kitchen? When you bake Keto bread, you can add whatever you want to it. The key is to perfect the basic recipe, in which you will usually use either almond flour or coconut flour. Then you can experiment by adding extra ingredients and flavors.
3. It’s easier than you think!
Think that making Keto bread must be challenging? Think again! The truth of the matter is that a basic recipe can be simple as making a tasty Keto protein shake. When you take a look at the one we have in store for you here, you’ll see that it’s as easy as one, two, three.
Tempting Chili and Onion Keto Bread Recipe
Whether you’re following the Keto diet or simply want to try something new, this recipe is sure to get your mouth watering. Combining two of the most powerful ingredients — chilies and onions — with a subtle base, you can’t go wrong here. Thanks to the coconut flour, the finished Keto bread has a consistency similar to that of cornbread. Here’s how to get it right.
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 60 minutes
Serves: 8 | Calories per serving: 259 kcal
Equipment: Oven, chopping board, large knife, small skillet, medium bowl, large spoon, large bowl, bread tin, baking paper, and whisk
- 7 eggs
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 2 fresh green chilies
- 1 whole red onion
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- ½ cup butter
- 1 ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp honey
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- Line the bread tin with baking paper.
- Peel the red onion. Chop the chilies and onion as finely as possible.
- In a large bowl, add the baking soda, coconut flour, and salt. Whisk well.
- Chop the butter into small chunks. Put it in a small skillet on medium heat.
- Leave the butter on the heat for around five minutes or until fully melted.
- Crack the eggs into the medium bowl and whisk well.
- Add the whisked eggs, unsweetened almond milk, and melted butter to the large bowl.
- Stir the bread mixture well until it’s smooth.
- Add the chopped onions and chilies and stir for another minute.
- Pour the mixture into the bread tin and put it in the oven.
- Leave the bread to bake for around 60 minutes, checking it regularly.
- When the loaf is baked, take it out of the oven and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
Pro Tip: When you’re chopping the chilies, set some large pieces to the side. You can use these to decorate the top of your Keto bread before putting the loaf in the oven!
Ready to bake? Add this quick and easy guide to your list of Keto diet recipes. You could bake a loaf and eat it over the course of a week or serve it as a side dish at your next dinner party. Plus, when you’ve mastered the recipe, you can start experimenting and adding new, interesting ingredients into the mix. Give it a go!