About Tan Physics
Tan Physics True Color is a topical sunless tanning product that claims to offer its users a super tan according to their skin tone and complexion.
It is formulated with both tanning and nourishing properties that may help the skin tan and stay healthy.
According to its manufacturer, this product is a better and safer tanning method which also saves you time and money.
It seems like with the rising incidences of skin cancer, people prefer topical sunless products like Tan Physics as being a safer option when it comes to improving skin tone.
The tan achieved by Tan Physics is claimed to be natural-looking, streak-free, and capable of reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
It is easy to blend and is gentle on the skin thus can be used by women with all skin types.
Tan Physics Ingredients – The Breakdown
This topical tan cream has been formulated with ten primary active ingredients. Some of them include;
- Aloe Vera Gel – It is scientifically known as Aloe barbadensis and contains a number of components including vitamins, minerals, enzymes, sugars and anthraquinones. According to the Indian Journal of Dermatology, aloe vera has healing properties, it protects the skin against radiation, has anti-inflammatory, anti-viral and anti-tumor properties.
- Soybean Oil – This is vegetable oil that is extracted from the Glyxene max seeds. A study in the International Journal of Molecular Science shows that soybean oil helps in skin recovery, protection against UV radiation and enhances the skin’s inflammatory responses.
- Caramel – This is one of the commonly used ingredient in bronzers. The Journal of Clinical and Aesthetics Dermatology defines bronzers as products that offer temporary tanning. Bronzers could be produced as creams, lotions and powders.
- Dehydroxyacetone – DHA is found in many tanning lotions, gels, wipes and sprays. It is considered a sugar molecule that is derived from plants. It is claimed to support sunless tanning but might induce DNA damage according to a research in the journal of Mutation Research and Environmental Mutagenesis. Supposedly, DHA reacts with amino acids in the stratum corneum which causes a pigment change without UVR.
- Argan Oil – This is another essential oil used in this product. Argan oil is composed of mono-unsaturated and saturated fatty acids. According to the International Journal of Molecular Sciences argan oil treats skin infections and is also beneficial in hair care. Daily topical use improves skin hydration and elasticity.
How Does It Work? | The Science Behind Tan Physics
Tan Physics is a dual action skin care system that contains ingredients that tan and those that nourish the skin.
With ingredients such as DHA and caramel, the cream claims to work to bring about pigment change without the need for radiation.
As for argan and soybean oil, they have nourishing properties that claim to nurture and protect the skin against harmful external factors.
Tan Physics Pros & Cons
- Claims to provide sunless tanning that is considered safer
- The users of this product may experience a streak free tan
- It claims to be suitable for women of all skin types
- The product is easy to use
- It blends easily with your skin
- This product does not contain sunscreen
- The ingredient DHA in this product may causes side effects such as rashes and coughing
- Results may not be satisfactory to some people
- Its smell may be unpleasant to some people
Customer Questions and Answers
Q: How to Use Tan Physics
A: Before anything else, clean and exfoliate your skin to enhance better absorption. Do not use a nylon or loofah sponge as they are harsh and may cause uneven exfoliation leading to poor tanning.
- Dry skin completely and let it air dry before applying. Remove any jewelry and put up your hair before applying tan. Do not apply any deodorant, makeup, perfume or lotion.
- Stand in front of a full length mirror to apply tan evenly. Squeeze a generous amount of the cream into your hand and apply it starting at the bottom working up.
- Let the tan soak for about 15 to 20 minutes or even more. This will ensure proper absorption of all the nutrients.
Q: Does Tan Physics Have Any Side Effects?
A: The manufacturer does not mention any side effect however some studies show that DHA causes side effects such as rashes, cough, fainting and dizziness.
Q: Can I Apply Tan Physics If I Have A Health Condition?
A: There are no restrictions mentioned but it is still important to consult with your dermatologist.
Q: Does Tan Physics Work?
A: Yes it may work as it contains effective ingredients.
Q: What Is Tan Physics Moneyback Guarantee, Return & Refund Policy?
A: The brand offers 100 day money back guarantee if customers are not satisfied by the results of Tan Physics.
Is Tan Physics Safe? – Warnings & Complaints
This product is touted as a product for all skin types thus assumed to be safe. However, some studies claim that ingredients such as DHA cause side effects. Warnings provided include;
- Product should be used externally only
- Apply sunscreen to prevent sun damage
- Within 24 hours of using Tan Physics, do not shave, wax, tweeze or pluck as follicles may turn darker than your skin
Tan Physics Customer Reviews & Results
Like most products, Tan Physics has mixed reviews from clients. Clients who commended this product claimed it stayed on for longer even after showering. As for the negative reviewers, this product gave an orange tan and left streaks.
Tan Physics: Packages, Deals, Prices & Where to Buy It
An 8 oz bottle of tan costs $31.99 and can be bought from online retailers.
The Bottom Line
Tan Physics is a sunless tanning product that claims to keep your skin tanned for longer. It is easy to apply and blends well in the skin. Compared to sun tanning it is considered safer and time saving. Another detail worth your attention is, most of the ingredients in this product are clinically tested.
However, side effects could be experienced due to the presence of DHA which is a major setback.
Is There Anything Else You Should Know About Tan Physics?
Although you will notice instant tanning, the real tanning happens after three to six hours and this too depending on your skin tone.