Ways of Selecting Appropriate Shoes for Walking, Running, and Cross-Training.
Now that Corona has become part of our lives and we see people back on the roads, parks and gyms, are you ready for walks?
Today I am going to tell you the different types of shoes and ways to pick your right pair of shoes.
Important parts of your feet:
As you can see in the picture
- Ball of the foot (right below the toes)
Importance of a right pair of shoes
- As you walk/ hop/ run, you strain your heel, ball of your foot and knees. A right pair of shoes will comfort your foot.
- Many of us complain of knees pain and calf muscle ache after the exercise session. You assume that its because of lack of flexibility and continue taking the pain. My dear ladies your ill-fitting shoes is the culprit.
Different types of shoes based on their purposes are,
- . Walking shoes
- . Running shoes
- . Cross training / Aerobics shoes
- Considered as simple and fundamental amongst other exercises.
- The exercise involves the ball of feet. Therefore, additional relief needs to be given in that area.
- Prefer shoes with an added comfort under heels, fairly heavy.
- The ball of the foot should have an extra cushion under it, and the sole needs to be pliable.
Jogging/ Running shoes
- Shoes for jogging are required to be pliable and light-weighted.
- An extra comfort has to be provided under the ball of the foot.
- Shoes should have a stronger grip to prevent gliding.
- The feet need some extra area to bend. Hence, always purchase shoes that have space of some centimeters between your toe and the tip of the shoes.
- One of the main parts of a shoe is its exterior sole. It needs to be sufficiently strong to prevent any injury to the foot.
- Light weighted
- Extra cushion at the heels (MUST)
- Good traction, as the training sessions are usually in-door, ordinary shoes (canvas) will not provide traction.
- It should be wide. As light weighted shoes usually cling tightly to your feet, there will be difficulty moving around.
- Above all, do not use walking/ running shoes for training (aerobics/ zumba). Walking / running shoes are designed for forward motion and remember training session involves everything (running/ hopping/ tapping/ dancing)
- Shoes fit : If you have bought a new ill fitting shoes, Ladies ! Make up your mind to discard it.
- Perfect fit is what you deserve. Try out shoes from different brands. It should not be too loose (you will easily skid or you need to put extra attention in holding the shoe to your feet) and the shoes should not be too tight (give ample room for your feet)
- PAY : Invest in a good pair of shoes
- Shoe should be made of breathable material
- Look at the grip pattern (below the shoes)
- For people with wide foot or flat foot (there are many..including me ? ), Remember to opt for shoes which are wider at the toe region.
- Use a new (washed) pair of socks every time.
- Know when to replace your shoes
Lastly, if you experience pain in the knee or at your ankle or behind the knee or calf muscle, CONSULT A DOCTOR.
Hope this article was useful. Until I get back with another interesting post, Take care.. Ta ta.
You may also like reading –
- IWB 1 Month 4 Kgs Weight Loss : Diet Plan Day 4 and Day 5
- How To Diet Effectively For Weight Loss
- IWB 1 Month 4 Kgs Weight Loss : Diet Plan Day 2 and Day 3
- IWB 1 Month 4 Kgs Weight Loss : Workout Plan Day 1
- IWB 1 Month 4 Kgs Weight Loss : Diet Plan Day 1
- IWB 1 Month Weight Loss Challenge – Indian Low Carbohydrate Recipes
- Gram Flour(Besan) Pancake Recipe | High Protein Recipe India
Featured Image by Hans Braxmeier via Pixabay