Yo,! I am back with another “Health Benefit” post. This time it is none other than my favorite – Papaya. Why favorite ? You might ask !
- First, its filling. Whenever I feel full and don’t have space in my tummy for dinner, I splurge on Papaya.
- Second, Papaya is available all the year round, no seasonal nakhras at all :P.
- Third, it is a negative calorie fruit. Read about Negative Calorie Foods here.
10 Health Benefits Of Papaya
1. Its great for skin and hair. I love Biotique Papaya scrub. Lolz, this beauty infection I have got from my friends.
2. Low in calories (just 39 Kcalories/100 g) and contains no cholesterol.
3. Rich source of phyto-nutrients, minerals, and vitamins.
4. Papaya has essential B-complex vitamins – Vitamin B-6, Vitamin B-1 , Folic acid and riboflavin. These vitamins are much needed since they play a very important role in metabolism.
5. Potassium is another goodie in Papaya – 257 mg per 100 g. I won’t repeat how important is Potassium ! If you have not read, read it here in another post.
6. Rich in Vitamin A and C, hence prevents small diseases like cold n flu. Papaya might not taste citrus, but yes it does have lots of Vitamin C !
7. Boosts immunity
8. Its Fibre ! That’s why its filling.
9. Promotes digestion. If you have constipation, include 3-4 slices of papaya in your dinner and you will have normal bowel movements. No chi chi allowed on this point ?
10. Keeps cancer and heart diseases away !
Are you waiting for me to say Papaya is great for weight loss ? It’s a big YES ! Look at the nutritional value of Papaya !
Do you swear to eating Papaya ? ?