- What to Consider?
- Turmeric Curcumin Supplements
- Side Effects
- Medicines to Avoid
- Natural Ways
Turmeric is a rhizome, a plant from the ginger family. It’s powder comes from the dried root of the plant and is a bright orange color.
That vibrant color comes from curcumin, a polyphenol in turmeric. This is the main source of the anti-inflammatory effects of turmeric.
What are Some Benefits of Turmeric Curcumin?
- Anti-inflammatory – likely its most notable benefit, the curcumin in turmeric may help reduce inflammation.
- Type 2 Diabetes – it may lower blood sugar. Although this can be a benefit, it can also interfere with medications, possibly lowering blood sugar too much.
- Obesity – turmeric curcumin may help with a reduction in BMI, weight and waist circumference.
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBS) – although there are positive effects, more research is still needed.
- Cancer – may reduce the risk of cancer and could potentially have therapeutic effects for cancer patients.
- Depression – curcumin has been shown to potentially help with depression.
- Alzheimer’s Disease – studies are showing positive results towards the treatment of this and other neurological disorders.
What to Consider While Choosing the Best Turmeric Curcumin Supplements?
- Is there black pepper in the supplement? – Black pepper extracts help with absorption.
- Are instructions clear in regard to how much to take daily as well as how long to use the supplement?
- Is it organic? – Organic is best.
- Are there studies using the actual supplement and not just borrowed research?
- Is there an extensive list of ingredients? – If so, this could indicate the use of fillers and other ingredients you may not want to be taking on a regular basis.
- Are you taking other supplements and medications? – Be wary because underlying health conditions, medications and other supplements you’re taking, could have adverse effects.
- Is there 3rd party certification testing? – This is reassurance that there aren’t harmful levels of contaminants in the product. In addition, this is proof that what is on the label is in fact in the supplement.
What are some of the Best Turmeric Curcumin Supplements being used Today?
- Turmeric Curcumin Plus – This formulation consisting of Natural Turmeric, Bioperine, and Curcumin. The formulation is 60% BioPerine & turmeric extracts and 20% curcumin.
- BioSchwartz Turmeric Curcumin with BioPerine – This supplement contains BioPerine, a black pepper extract that helps with absorption. It is non-GMO, free of fillers and free of the top allergens such as soy, gluten, and dairy. It is also 3rd party tested.
- Nature’s Nutrition Turmeric Curcumin with BioPerine – This supplement has BioPerine so you can be assured it is well absorbed. There’s 1,800 mg of turmeric curcumin and its also free allergens.
- Doctor Recommended Supplements Turmeric Curcumin with BioPerine – Poten in curcuminoids, it has 625mg.
- Me First Living Turmeric Curcumin – This supplement contains 1000mg of 95% curcuminoids and manufactured in an FDA-regulated facility.
- Garden of Life Mykind Organics Maximum Strength Turmeric – This supplement contains black pepper for absorption and probiotics for healthy digestion.
How long can you take Turmeric Curcumin Supplements?
As a healing Ayurvedic spice for thousands of years, turmeric in food form is seemingly safe to use daily, for life.
In the United States, the FDA has noted that turmeric is generally regarded as safe and is being used as a supplement and ingredient in other foods such as cereals and cheeses.
What are the Side Effects of Turmeric Curcumin?
Generally, turmeric is a safe supplement but long term use may cause gastrointestinal issues.
Other side effects that have been seen:
- Yellow stool
- Increase in serum alkaline phosphatase and lactate dehydrogenase
What Medicines should not be Taken with Turmeric?
When using a turmeric supplement, there are some medications it could interfere with due to its higher concentration.
Some medications to consider:
- Blood thinners
- Stomach acid reducers
- Blood sugar reducing medications
Are there Natural Ways of Getting Turmeric?
Yes! It is truly best to acquire the amazing benefits of foods, from foods themselves.
Try these ideas for adding more turmeric into your daily diet:
- Drink golden milk
- Use as a cold remedy
- Add to soups
- Instead of using a high sodium spice blend to make your rice yellow, simply add turmeric to your rice while cooking.
- Sprinkle turmeric into scrambled eggs.
- Add turmeric to stir fry.
- Add a dash to any smoothie recipe. Like add turmeric to a pumpkin smoothie to add nutrition and make the pumpkin color really pop.
Supplements can have many positive effects and help us live our lives a bit healthier. They may even help us fight back illness and disease.
Educating yourself on what supplements you are looking to add to your daily intake and make your physician aware of them, will prove beneficial in the long run.
The post The Best Turmeric Curcumin Supplements Review – Does it Work? (Learn the Science, Facts & the Truth) appeared first on .