Finding bread that won’t pull you out of your diet can be challenging. This appears to be high in calories and does not necessarily have the best health benefits. Despite that, a lot of people raised on white bread have a hard time adapting to whole grain life. If that sounds familiar, you’ll be happy to know that there’s a solution, and it could be one you don’t expect. Read more about high-protein almond bread — including a way to make it yourself!
What is High-Protein Bread?
It may seem surprising, but there is bread out there that is actually low in carbohydrates and high in protein. This option is fantastic for fitness fanatics who want to keep enjoying bread but do not want all of the carbs. Beyond that, it is also rich in omega 3s, protein, vitamins, and minerals. The benefits stack up quickly!
For example, protein bread is a great food to help you lose weight because it will leave you feeling fuller than many other options due to its high protein content. It is also high in fiber which can help to lower your risk of cardiovascular disease. You may even find yourself with more energy and better cognitive function as a result of eating protein bread!
Why Use an Almond Bread Recipe?
Below you will find a simple recipe for almond bread. It contains about one-eighth the amount of carbohydrates you would get from traditional whole-wheat sandwich bread. It is also low in sugar and high in protein which makes it a particularly great choice for anybody on a high-fat, low-carb diet such as the ketogenic diet – it is also Paleo-friendly!
Give this recipe a shot and see if you enjoy what you get from bread that is high in protein. Your body sure will!
High-Protein Almond Bread Recipe
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- 6 eggs, separated
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons melted butter
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- Begin by preheating your oven to 375°F.
- Whip together the cream of tartar and the egg whites in a mixing bowl.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a food processor and blend well.
- Place the processed mixture into a bowl then fold in the egg whites and cream of tartar mixture.
- Pour the bread mixture into a greased 8-inch by 4-inch pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the top is lightly browned. Cool before slicing.
This high-protein bread is a healthy and delicious alternative to store-bought. Enjoy it with some lunch meat and fresh veggies or toast it and serve with homemade jam. Any way you slice it, this bread is sure to be a hit!