Amazing Benefits That a Carrot Carries And Why It Should Be Included In The Diet
Carrots are one of the World’s Healthiest Foods. They are the second most popular type of vegetable after potatoes. English women often wore carrot leaves in their hats in place of flowers and feathers ?
Superfood: Health Benefits of Carrots
Carrots are well known for being rich in antioxidant nutrients, beta-carotene. Whereas, these tasty root vegetables are not only the source of beta-carotene but also of a huge range of antibiotics and some other nutrients which keep you healthy.
Different varieties of carrots contain differing amounts of these antioxidant phytonutrients. Red and purple carrots, for example, are best known for the rich anthocyanin content. Oranges are particularly outstanding in terms of beta-carotene, which accounts for 65% of their total carotenoid content. In yellow carrots, 50% of the total carotenoids come from lutein.
Benefits of carrots
- Improved Vision
- Cancer Prevention
- Healthy Glowing Skin (from the inside)
- A Powerful Antiseptic
- Beautiful Skin , hair and nails ( from the outside)
- Prevents heart diseases
- Cleanses the body
- Healthy Teeth and Gums
- Prevents Stroke
- Carrots are rich in alkaline elements which purify and revitalize the blood.
- Carrots aid digestion by increasing saliva and supplying the minerals, vitamins and enzymes required for it.
- The high soluble fibre content in carrot, it reduces cholesterol by binding LDL, the bad cholesterol, and also increases the HDL which helps in reducing blood clots and heart diseases.
- It also helps in increasing the menstrual flow.
How to eat carrots
The nutrition in carrots is tightly encased in protein sacs that have to be broken by heat (cooking) or mechanical action (grinding, juicing, and proper chewing).
Cooking the carrots in oils, pureeing or juicing them increases the availability of carotenoids by 600 percent.
I like them in my salads and on cheat days in the form of carrot halwa. J
We get a lot of baby carrot bunches at almost all the hill stations in Kerala. They serve as a very good snack J
Benefits of Carrot Juice
Carrot juice carries a significant amount of Vitamin C. A glass of pure carrot juice gives our body 35% of the total amount of calcium needed daily. Vitamin C is a very important antioxidant.
A few carrots juiced with blackcurrant berries, oranges, lemons, or kiwi, can easily provide you with your whole daily vitamin C dosage, without the need to take synthetic vitamins supplements.
Carrot juice is an excellent drinkable source of potassium. Potassium is very important in helping to maintain a healthy electrolyte balance and fluid level in the cells of your body.
It’s also necessary in muscle movement, such as contraction, as well as neurotransmission. Potassium deficiencies are very bad for your body, with such effects as Hypokalemia, acne, muscle spasms, dry skin, and elevated cholesterol levels.
Carrots juiced with celery or turnips can provide your body with a large intake level of potassium.
Carrots juiced with broccoli can provide an excellent vegetable calcium drink.
For a calcium shake, you may also choose to juice your carrots and then blend it with yogurt for a carrot juice smoothie, which makes for a healthy breakfast shake, or evening dessert.
I like the spicy Kanji ka Pani made of Dark carrots. It is a low calorie drink with loads of carrot goodness in it ?
Tip: Take five parts of carrot juice with one part of spinach juice regularly to regulate chronic constipation problems.
So are you ready to relish this Superfood and the Health Benefits of Carrots?
You may also like reading –
- Best Post-Workout Foods
- Best Pre-Workout Foods
- Wearing Makeup In Gym means Less Workout
- How BMR Affects Weight
- How To Set Weight Loss Goals
- Sugar Free Nut Bites – Nut Recipe For Diabetics|Wheat Belly|Paleo
- How To Curb Sugar Cravings
- Top Fat Burning Foods | Indian Fat Burning Foods
- Macrobiotic Diet For Weight Loss
- How To Prevent Loose Skin After Losing Weight