Forget the complicated DIY acne solutions that call for exotic (read: expensive!) ingredients and take an hour to prepare. Treating your acne in an all-natural way can be quick and easy with our manuka essential oil acne skin care recipes. These five powerful manuka essential oil for acne blends use common household ingredients, so there’s no need to run to the store before trying them out.
In just a few minutes, your skin can reap the benefits of manuka oil,
which has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and skin-calming properties to keep
you clear and confident. Bonus: It also smells amazing!
Essential Oil Properties That Fight Acne
If you’re wondering what is manuka essential oil good for, you’ll be pleasantly surprised to know it has a wide range of benefits — all great for fighting acne! Discover how manuka essential oil for acne works here.
- Manuka essential oil is antibacterial, fighting any substances on your skin that might irritate acne, cause infection, or create scars on your face.
- The skin-soothing effects of manuka essential oil stem from its strong anti-inflammatory properties.
- Manuka is also antimicrobial, making it perfect for cleaning your skin and protecting it from any microbes that could get into your pores and cause acne.
As with all
essential oils and essential oil products, there are some things you’ll need to
keep in mind when using these potent substances:
- Always dilute with a carrier oil or product. Just as there are countless uses for manuka essential oil, there are many products you can dilute it with too. Make sure to check the recipe’s directions for accurate dilution amounts.
- Always start with less manuka essential oil than you think you’ll need. Then, increase the amount if needed. Manuka essential oil is especially strong and can irritate your skin if used in excess.
- Never use products with pure essential oils near your eyes.
Manuka Essential Oil Acne Cleanser
Using this manuka essential oil acne cleanser will help clear your face from excessive oil and kill most bacteria on your skin. You can use this in the morning and night.
Prep Time: 10 mins | Serving Size: 60ml
Equipment: 60ml glass spray bottle
- 40ml of cooled green tea water
- 20ml of castile soap
- 10 drops of manuka essential oil
- 3 drops of orange essential oil
- 3 drops of lavender essential oil
- First, steep your green tea for 5 minutes and then let it cool.
- Next, add all the ingredients into a bottle.
- Shake well to mix the oils together. Remember to shake again before each use.
- To use, squirt about a pea-sized amount into your palm. Rub between your hands and gently massage onto your wet face until sudsy. Wash off with warm water.
Manuka Essential Oil Acne Tightening Toner
Maximize your manuka essential oil benefits by using this toner with lemon. It’s purifying and tightening so your pores will feel clean and clear in no time.
Prep Time: 5 mins | Serving Size: 60ml
Equipment: 60ml tinted glass bottle
- 30ml of witch hazel
- 30ml of water
- 8 drops of manuka essential oil
- 8 drops of lemon essential oil
- Simply add in all the ingredients into the glass bottle and shake well.
- To use, put a few drops of the toner onto a cotton pad and gently wipe around your face.
This toner contains lemon essential oil, so avoid direct sunlight for up to 12 hours after using this topically or just make it your nighttime toner.
Manuka Essential Oil Acne Lotion
Try this mild
lotion to hydrate your skin while keeping it acne-free. It can be used anywhere
you’re experiencing breakouts. The frankincense bonus oil is fantastic for
improving signs of aging because of its high antioxidant content.
Prep Time: 5 mins | Serving Size: 30ml
Equipment: 30ml bottle, small bowl and spoon
- 15ml of cocoa butter
- 15ml of shea butter
- 5 drops of manuka essential oil
- 4 drops of frankincense essential
- First, add all the ingredients into a bowl.
- Using a spoon, mix them all together well. After, put them into your storage bottle.
- To use, take a pea-sized amount onto your fingers and dap onto your face and neck until blended in.
Manuka Essential Oil Acne Face Mask
essential oil acne face mask can give you a massive glow. The honey will
regulate your skin and leave it super soft (in one study honey even helped
reduce rosacea symptoms), while the
egg white is often used in face mask recipies and said to help tighten your
Prep Time: 5 mins | Serving Size: 20 ml
Equipment: Small bowl and spoon
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon of honey (bonus
benefits if you use manuka honey!)
- 3 drops of manuka essential oil
- 2 drops of bergamot essential oil
- First, add in all the ingredients into a bowl and mix together well with a spoon.
- Next, apply the mixture to your clean and dry face, neck, and chest.
- Wait about 10 minutes before rinsing off with warm water and patting dry.
Manuka Essential Oil Acne Cream for Spot Treatment
This spot treatment using manuka can reduce the redness and inflammation of your pimples while keeping the area free from bacteria and infection. Use as needed on specific problem areas.
Prep Time: 5 mins | Serving Size: 10 ml
Equipment: Small bowl and spoon
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 4 drops of manuka essential oil
- ½ teaspoon of water
- ½ teaspoon of lemon juice
- First, add the lemon juice, water, and essential oil into the bowl and mix well.
- Next, add in the baking powder and mix again.
- Apply this mixture as a spot treatment for pimples or breakout areas.
- Wait at least 15 minutes before rinsing off, or leave the mixture on overnight and rinse off in the morning. If you choose to leave it on overnight, protect your pillow with an old towel so you don’t accidentally stain your favorite pillowcase!
Annette is a travelling journalist and humanitarian who is obsessed with green smoothies.
Since leaving California for a new adventure overseas, Annette has worked with various non-profits and focuses on communication as a tool for advocacy.
Her love of nutrition and fitness really took off six years ago when she decided to eat plant-based and ran her first half-marathon. Since then, a healthy lifestyle has been something she works hard to maintain even with a busy schedule. She believes that a healthy mind starts with what we put in our bodies. But, one thing she’ll never give up is Margarita pizza.